National recognition for Ipswich’s council homes service with top award
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich council’s housing department has won an award to mark its work for tenants.
The housing team has been officially recognised as one of the best in the country when it comes to managing its income.
Housing portfolio holder Neil MacDonald said it was a great honour to receive independent accreditation by Housing Quality Network (HQN).
He said: “This is not just about collecting rent. This is about the great service we strive to give to our tenants, offering advice on a wide range of matters as well as managing income and getting the best possible value from what we do.”
Emma Cook, Neighbourhood Team Manager, added: “HQN standards are high and the assessment process is robust so we are all very proud of this achievement.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank the officers and tenants of IBC, along with the partner organisations who took part in the assessment.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 9 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers