Ipswich: Jewellery burglaries linked to similar thefts in town last week
- Credit: Archant
Three more burglaries reported in Ipswich last night could be connected to a recent spate of house raids in the town, police believe.
Jewellery was stolen from two of the three properties burgled in east Ipswich yesterday. It means 10 homes have now been targeted in the area in the last seven days.
Detective Superintendent Bernie Morgan, of Suffolk Constabulary, said: “We are working incredibly hard to solve these burglaries, which we believe may be linked.
“We are asking for the community’s help so that we can identify those responsible and prevent future burglaries.”
Jewellery was stolen from a property in Bixley Road between 6.35pm and 8.05pm and from a property in Heath Road between 7.30pm and 10pm.
An untidy search was made in a house in Bucklesham Road between 6pm and 9pm, but nothing is believed to have been taken.
Det Supt Morgan said: “We are asking anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in and around this area of Ipswich yesterday evening to contact us straight away.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 3 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 4 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 5 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 6 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 7 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
- 8 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 9 'Real vote of confidence' - New Travelodge starts building work by stadium
- 10 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
“If you do notice anyone acting in a suspicious manner around houses in the area, or you believe you have been broken into, please dial 999 immediately.”
It comes after police launched investigations into six burglaries which took place between last Thursday and Monday in the east of Ipswich.
Jewellery and a watch were stolen from a property in Playford Road and jewellery and cash were stolen from a house in Colchester Road.
Houses in Cauldwell Hall Road, Spring Road and Brecon Close were also targeted. These five incidents took place between 8am on Friday and 6.30pm on Sunday.
Cash was stolen from a property in Bixley Road between 5.30pm on Sunday and 6am on Monday.
An attempted burglary also took place in Rushmere Road between 1pm and 9pm on Thursday.
It prompted police to warn people not to be complacent when protecting their homes against thieves.
No arrests have been made but witnesses or people with information about the thefts are urged to come forward. Call police on 101.