Ipswich: Just fortnight to go until models hit catwalk for Ipswich Fashion Week
- Credit: Archant
With just a fortnight to go, tickets are selling fast for the town’s first fashion event.
Ipswich Fashion Week, which runs from October 8-12, will celebrate this season’s must-have trends and help put Ipswich on the fashion map.
The models taking to the runway have been busy with rehearsals to perfect their catwalk poses while retailers prepare their fashion collections.
Organiser Pam Davis, who owns style company Fashion Candy, based on Ipswich Waterfront, has taken on the challenge of running the inaugural event in partnership with Ipswich Central.
She said: “We are nearly there now with just weeks to go. The team has been very busy with fashion shoots and promotional videos for the event.
“Model rehearsals are well under way and retailers are busy preparing their autumn/winter collections for the fashion shows while the beauty and hair salons are busy planning showcases for the event.”
Tickets are available at various stores across Ipswich including Coes, Baiss & Co, Paul Henri and Urban Vintage.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 6 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 7 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
High Street retailers taking part in Ipswich Fashion Week include Debenhams and M&S as well as some of the town’s independent stores such as Bijou Boutique, Just A Day and Aura.
Miss Davis added: “This new and exciting event will showcase what Ipswich town centre has to offer with hair and beauty days, styling days and fashion shows.
“There really is something for everyone.”
Ipswich Fashion Week will be held in the Corn Exchange and Town Hall.
The event’s launch night will be held on Monday, October 7 before the hair and beauty days on Tuesday and Thursday, fashion shows on Wednesday at 12.30pm and 7.30pm, a styling day with Fashion Candy on Friday and culminating with a Suffolk New College day on Saturday.
All days will run from 10am to 4pm with the exception of the fashion shows. A four-day pass costs £5 and fashion show tickets cost £15 each.
Visit www.allaboutipswich.com/fashionweek for a full list of businesses taking part in Ipswich Fashion Week.