Ipswich: Kick-boxing coach jailed for wrapping cling-film round woman’s face
- Credit: Archant
A KICK-boxing and martial arts coach who wrapped cling-film round a woman’s face during a row has been jailed for ten months.
Anderson Thompson had earlier picked up a baseball bat and “tapped” the woman on the head with it before forcing the end into her mouth causing it to bleed, Ipswich Crown Court heard. Anderson then grabbed her around the neck and held the baseball bat next to her face before punching her in the ribcage, said Hugh Vass, prosecuting.
Anderson wrapped cling-film round the woman’s face but she managed to pull it off.
Anderson, 43, of Samuel Court, Ipswich, admitted common assault, assault causing actual bodily harm and damaging the woman’s £400 mobile phone by smashing it with a hammer.
Anderson, who had fitness training equipment in his flat, had also thrown a medicine ball at the woman’s ribcage three times.
You may also want to watch:
David Wilson for Thompson said his client, who taught at a gym in Colchester and had built up a good reputation, was deeply ashamed of his behaviour.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast