Ipswich man charged with murder
- Credit: Morgan Hollis
An Ipswich man has been charged with murder following a stabbing in Great Yarmouth.
Tevin Birmingham, 21, of Spring Road, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court today via videolink form Wymondham police investigation centre accused of murdering 33-year-old Andrew McGowan.
Birmingham spoke only to confirm his name and details during the short hearing.
He has been charged with murder, one count of supplying a quantity of cocaine between November 1 and November 15 last year, and two counts of supplying cocaine on November 14 last year.
Mr McGowan, 33, from Yarmouth, died after being stabbed at a property in Dickens Court in the town on November 14 last year.
Birmingham’s case was formally sent to Norwich Crown Court for a hearing next Monday. He was remanded in custody until then.
Another man Warren Blake, 18, of Thorncliffe Road, London, was charged in November last year with Mr McGowan’s murder. He will next appear at Norwich Crown Court on Thursday, February 18.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 6 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 7 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 10 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
Detectives today also charged two more people in connection with the incident.
Kevin Wood, 45, of Nelson Road Central, Great Yarmouth and 34-year-old Charlene Barber, of Dickens Avenue in Great Yarmouth, have been charged with perverting the course of justice.
They have been bailed to appear at Great Yarmouth Magistrates Court on Monday.