Ipswich man had nude photo of girl, 13, sent to him via ‘flirt’ website, court told
- Credit: PA
An Ipswich man is awaiting sentence for receiving a nude photo from a 13-year-old girl who signed up to a ‘flirt’ website as a 16-year-old.
Mohammed Miah, 20, of Cecil Road, Ipswich, pleaded guilty before the town’s magistrates to making an indecent photo of a child, and possession of extreme pornography featuring a woman and a dog.
Miah was aged 19 at the time of offences, which occurred between August 2, 2014, and September 9, 2014.
Prosecutor David Bryant told the court the girl was aged 13 at the time.
She joined the website Jaumo – which styles itself as The Flirt-Messenger.
Mr Bryant said the website allows users to create profiles, upload pictures and contact other users to chat.
The girl involved gave a false date of birth stating she was aged 16.
- 1 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 2 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 7 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 10 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
She posted a nude photo of herself taken in her bathroom and sent the image along with others to Miah.
It was said that in due course she told Miah she was only 13, but it appeared this was some time after the picture was sent.
The girl’s father discovered what she had done and informed police.
A search warrant was executed at Miah’s home.
During the investigation officers found an extreme pornographic video on his mobile phone.
Nicola Pope, representing Miah, said at the time he received the photo of the girl he believed she was aged 16.
Although the girl told police in interview that at some point she told Miah in a Snapchat conversation of her real age, he did not recall any such conversation and believed she was 16.
Miah’s sentencing was adjourned until April 18 for a pre-sentence report to be compiled.
He was released on bail until then.