Ipswich man had nude photo of girl, 13, sent to him via ‘flirt’ website, court told
- Credit: PA
An Ipswich man is awaiting sentence for receiving a nude photo from a 13-year-old girl who signed up to a ‘flirt’ website as a 16-year-old.
Mohammed Miah, 20, of Cecil Road, Ipswich, pleaded guilty before the town’s magistrates to making an indecent photo of a child, and possession of extreme pornography featuring a woman and a dog.
Miah was aged 19 at the time of offences, which occurred between August 2, 2014, and September 9, 2014.
Prosecutor David Bryant told the court the girl was aged 13 at the time.
She joined the website Jaumo – which styles itself as The Flirt-Messenger.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bryant said the website allows users to create profiles, upload pictures and contact other users to chat.
The girl involved gave a false date of birth stating she was aged 16.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
- 10 Decision expected on demolition of former Ipswich snooker hall
She posted a nude photo of herself taken in her bathroom and sent the image along with others to Miah.
It was said that in due course she told Miah she was only 13, but it appeared this was some time after the picture was sent.
The girl’s father discovered what she had done and informed police.
A search warrant was executed at Miah’s home.
During the investigation officers found an extreme pornographic video on his mobile phone.
Nicola Pope, representing Miah, said at the time he received the photo of the girl he believed she was aged 16.
Although the girl told police in interview that at some point she told Miah in a Snapchat conversation of her real age, he did not recall any such conversation and believed she was 16.
Miah’s sentencing was adjourned until April 18 for a pre-sentence report to be compiled.
He was released on bail until then.