Ipswich mum Christina Wise backs London to Paris bike ride for St Elizabeth Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich mother-of-two Christina Wise whose husband was cared for at St Elizabeth Hospice has urged others to take on a London to Paris bike ride.
A limited number of places are still available for the challenge, which raises funds for the hospice. It sees a team of hospice supporters embark on the 300- mile cycle ride, setting off from London on September 19 and arriving in the French capital five days later.
Mrs Wise, 43, entered the bike ride in memory of her husband Andy, who was cared for in the hospice’s inpatient unit for nine weeks in 2014.
She said: “When I started the little adventure I was not in a great place. My wedding anniversary and my husband’s birthday were coming up and it was the first time I had been away from my children in 18 months. However I came home with a totally different outlook and the future does not seem so daunting anymore.
“We were all strangers when we began the ride but, over the four days, we all bonded in one way or another, whether that was sharing our stories and connection to the hospice, having lunch together or helping each other out on the road.
You may also want to watch:
“St Elizabeth Hospice was my second family for nine weeks when my husband was poorly and couldn’t remain at home. What we did for the hospice was amazing.”
An information evening takes places at the hospice on Wednesday, March 8.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
For more details, call 01473 707026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org