Ipswich: Mum left devastated after purse stolen during Christmas shopping trip
Mum’s upset over stolen purse
A MUM of two has spoken of her anger after thieves stole a purse containing money for her children’s Christmas presents.
Kerry Parnell was shopping in B&M in Ransomes Europark, Ipswich, on November 9 when she dropped her purse in one of the aisles.
Minutes later she realised it was missing.
“When we couldn’t see it they (the staff) let us look through the CCTV footage,” Ms Parnell said. “It clearly showed a man picking up the purse straight after I had dropped it. It then showed him turning to a woman and placing it in her bag.
“I never usually carry around a lot of money with me, but because I was buying Christmas presents I had about �200 in cash with me.
“I had saved that money and only wanted it to go on presents for the family and for my sons (Daniel, nine, and Bradley, six).”
- 1 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- 2 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 3 Severe delays on A14 outside Ipswich after vehicle sheds turf on road
- 4 Missing Ipswich man found safe
- 5 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 6 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 7 Aging gas main replacement works begin around Ipswich
- 8 Victim bundled into car and hit with hammer, robbery and kidnap trial hears
- 9 Ipswich teen accused of brandishing machete tells court it was a plastic toy
- 10 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
Ms Parnell, of Sheldrake Drive, urged those with information to contact police on 101.