Ipswich nightspot brawl
THREE people were taken to hospital today after a brawl erupted at an Ipswich nightspot.A 23-year-old male from Ipswich has been arrested on suspicion of assault and is in police custody and is due to be interviewed by police today.
THREE people were taken to hospital today after a brawl erupted at an Ipswich nightspot.
A 23-year-old male from Ipswich has been arrested on suspicion of assault and was kept in police custody overnight. He was due to be interviewed by police today.
The fight broke out just after 1am at the rear of Brannigans nightclub in Grafton Way.
It is believed the men had been drinking at the club, left the venue and then had a heated exchange with another group of lads and a fight broke out.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance crew was first on the scene and treated three people outside the nightclub for various injuries.
A 30-year-old man received bruising and a cut to his face. The second casualty, a 25-year-old male, was treated for a swollen bottom lip and the third, a 22-year-old male, received bruising to his chest and had swelling to the right side of his face.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 5 New special school planned for former BT site
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 8 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 9 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 10 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
All three men, believed to be from the Ipswich area, were treated at the scene for injuries and then taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance.
The incident was captured on CCTV and a call for the ambulance service was requested.
Paramedics then requested the assistance of the police and two officers were in attendance.
Shortly later a further two officers were in assistance and arrested the suspect nearby.
Police are appealing for witnesses and would like to hear from anybody with information.
A police spokeswoman said: "We would like to hear from anybody who witnessed the fight take place or who was in the area at around 1am today to get in contact with us immediately.
"Anybody with information should contact Ipswich police on 01473 613500."
Paramedics also treated a 21-year-old man with head injuries outside Ipswich police station on Civic Drive just after 1am today. He was taken to Ipswich Hospital.
Police are unable to say whether the two incidents were connected.