Ipswich nightspot brawl
THREE people were taken to hospital today after a brawl erupted at an Ipswich nightspot.A 23-year-old male from Ipswich has been arrested on suspicion of assault and is in police custody and is due to be interviewed by police today.
THREE people were taken to hospital today after a brawl erupted at an Ipswich nightspot.
A 23-year-old male from Ipswich has been arrested on suspicion of assault and was kept in police custody overnight. He was due to be interviewed by police today.
The fight broke out just after 1am at the rear of Brannigans nightclub in Grafton Way.
It is believed the men had been drinking at the club, left the venue and then had a heated exchange with another group of lads and a fight broke out.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance crew was first on the scene and treated three people outside the nightclub for various injuries.
A 30-year-old man received bruising and a cut to his face. The second casualty, a 25-year-old male, was treated for a swollen bottom lip and the third, a 22-year-old male, received bruising to his chest and had swelling to the right side of his face.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 3 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 4 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 5 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 8 Suffolk man buys rare Mini built to mark Queen's Silver Jubilee for £10k
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
All three men, believed to be from the Ipswich area, were treated at the scene for injuries and then taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance.
The incident was captured on CCTV and a call for the ambulance service was requested.
Paramedics then requested the assistance of the police and two officers were in attendance.
Shortly later a further two officers were in assistance and arrested the suspect nearby.
Police are appealing for witnesses and would like to hear from anybody with information.
A police spokeswoman said: "We would like to hear from anybody who witnessed the fight take place or who was in the area at around 1am today to get in contact with us immediately.
"Anybody with information should contact Ipswich police on 01473 613500."
Paramedics also treated a 21-year-old man with head injuries outside Ipswich police station on Civic Drive just after 1am today. He was taken to Ipswich Hospital.
Police are unable to say whether the two incidents were connected.