Ipswich officers launch Twitter drive to show public a day on the beat
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Officers across Ipswich are running a Twitter campaign over the next five weeks to show the public what their jobs entail.
The first to take control of the @IpswichPolice account on April 29 from 8am will be PCSO Anoushka Richards from the Ipswich North East Safer Neighbourhood Team.
Ms Richards’ main area of responsibility is the Rushmere Ward. She is also a Police Cadet leader and has spent the majority of her eight year long career on the east of Ipswich.
Inspector Gary Miller from Ipswich said: “This is a great opportunity for people to see what an officer’s role involves. I am keen for the residents of Ipswich to get an insight into the type of jobs and incidents that the local community teams deal with on a daily basis.
“I hope that people will be keen to get involved by following their safer neighbourhood team officers on Twitter. I know that Anoushka and all of the other officers are looking forward to tweeting about their days.”
The programme will continue:
- Wednesday 6 May – PCSO Emma Billett from the South West SNT
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 4 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 5 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 6 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
- 7 Teenager involved in burglary which 'trashed' home must do unpaid work
- 8 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 9 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
- 10 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- Wednesday 13 May - PCSO Rod Hills from the Central SNT
- Wednesday 20 May - PCSO Rachel Worobec from the South East SNT
- Wednesday 27 May - PC Ben Redmond from the North West SNT
To get involved, follow @IpswichPolice on Twitter.