Ipswich: Police continue to guard Valley Road site
A week after human remains were found on a building site in Valley Road, police are continuing to guard the area.
A cordon has already been put up and officers were at the site over the weekend in a site preservation exercise to ensure that the bones were not tampered with.
The grim discovery was made by workmen, who are building four detached houses on the site, last Monday.
Since then work has stopped and the police’s major investigation team were sent to the site to look into the matter. An expert archaeologist/anthropologist has also been assisting the inquiry.
Since the discovery on Monday it has so far emerged that the bones are from a man and items of clothing and footwear have also been found.
You may also want to watch:
A tent which had been covering the bones was removed over the weekend.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 4 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash