Ipswich: Police release CCTV image following armed robbery
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a CCTV image of a man wanted in connection with an armed robbery in Ipswich yesterday.
Just after 4pm yesterday, a man armed with a knife entered the Spar shop in Freehold Road and told staff to open the till. An amount of money was handed over before the man left.
Detectives are linking the raid to a second robbery, at a convenience store in Foxhall Road, later the same day.
At about 5.50pm, a man entered and demanded money from the shop owner, indicating that he was carrying a knife. A quantity of cash was handed over and the man made off in the Heath Road direction.
Detective Inspector of Ipswich CID, Tonya Antonis said: “I would like to reassure the public after these two incidents, that although no-one was harmed, we are putting every effort into finding those responsible.
“I would like to appeal to members of the public to come forward if they have any information. Someone must be able to identify the individual in the CCTV images as they are good quality and if you can please call us immediately.”
If you have any information in relation to either robbery or recognise the man in the CCTV image, call Ipswich CID on 101 quoting crime reference IE/14/1399, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 8 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
- 9 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed
- 10 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank