Railway modellers take Ipswich exhibition to new venue this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Railway modellers – and general enthusiasts – have the chance to see some of the finest layouts in the region at the Rushmere Hall school in Ipswich at the weekend.
The Ipswich Railway Modellers Association annual exhibition moves to a new venue on Lanark Road for the first time on Saturday.
Doors open at 10am where there will be many different sized layouts on display. Whether you’re a fan of steam, diesel or even trams, there will be a wide a varied selection of model railways on display throughout the day.
Interest in railway modelling is seemingly enjoying a renaissance with recent television coverage on The Great Model Railway Challenge on Channel 5.
The event is open from 10am till 4.30pm, adult tickets are priced at £5 and children accompanied by an adult are admitted free of charge.
You may also want to watch:
There is free parking on site plus refreshments and snacks will be available through the day.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today