Ipswich: Rape case accused told others to ‘have a go’ court hears
A MAN who was having sex with a woman invited his brother and two other men into the bedroom to “have a go”, it has been alleged.
When the woman said she didn’t want to have sex with the other men, Michael Hargrave, 23, allegedly raped her while his brother Phillip Hargrave, 21, allegedly sexually assaulted her, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
“Michael Hargrave said as far as he was concerned they were there for a foursome,” said Lindsay Cox, prosecuting.
He alleged that when Michael Hargrave invited his brother and the two other men into the bedroom to “have a go” he told them to “drop their trousers”.
When the woman said she didn’t want the men in the bedroom Michael Hargrave allegedly told her to perform a sex act on one of them but she had refused.
No sexual activity had taken place with two of the men but Mr Cox alleged that Michael Hargrave had then raped the woman while his brother sexually assaulted her.
Michael Hargrave, of the YMCA, Ipswich, has denied one offence of vaginal rape and two of oral rape on Febrauary 16 this year.
- 1 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 2 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 3 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 4 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 5 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 6 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 7 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 8 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 9 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 10 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
Phillip Hargrave has denied sexually assaulting the woman on the same date.
After his arrest Michael Hargrave said he had consensual sex with the woman and at no stage had she told him to stop.
Phillip Hargrave admitted touching the woman sexually but said it was with her consent.
The trial continues,