Ipswich: Rape case accused told others to ‘have a go’ court hears
A MAN who was having sex with a woman invited his brother and two other men into the bedroom to “have a go”, it has been alleged.
When the woman said she didn’t want to have sex with the other men, Michael Hargrave, 23, allegedly raped her while his brother Phillip Hargrave, 21, allegedly sexually assaulted her, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
“Michael Hargrave said as far as he was concerned they were there for a foursome,” said Lindsay Cox, prosecuting.
He alleged that when Michael Hargrave invited his brother and the two other men into the bedroom to “have a go” he told them to “drop their trousers”.
When the woman said she didn’t want the men in the bedroom Michael Hargrave allegedly told her to perform a sex act on one of them but she had refused.
You may also want to watch:
No sexual activity had taken place with two of the men but Mr Cox alleged that Michael Hargrave had then raped the woman while his brother sexually assaulted her.
Michael Hargrave, of the YMCA, Ipswich, has denied one offence of vaginal rape and two of oral rape on Febrauary 16 this year.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
Phillip Hargrave has denied sexually assaulting the woman on the same date.
After his arrest Michael Hargrave said he had consensual sex with the woman and at no stage had she told him to stop.
Phillip Hargrave admitted touching the woman sexually but said it was with her consent.
The trial continues,