Police called to reports of ‘ugly’ fight outside Ipswich pub
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to reports of a fight outside an Ipswich pub – in what one witness described as “chaotic” scenes.
Officers responded to reports of an assault on Saturday night outside The Rep, in Tower Street, where they arrested a 40-year-old woman, later released without charge.
A spokeswoman for the force said: “Police were called at 11.21pm to attend a reported assault involving two men outside The Rep.
“Officers attended and arrested a 40-year-old woman on suspicion of assault in relation to a prior incident. The woman was later released with no further action.”
One witness described scenes outside the pub as “chaotic” and “ugly”.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for The Rep said: “We are supporting the police’s ongoing investigation into an incident at the pub on Saturday night and have provided them with our CCTV footage.
“There has been no damage to the pub and it remains open and trading as usual.”
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 10 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire