Ipswich: Route for Ipswich Half Marathon on September 21 revealed
- Credit: Archant
The route for this year’s Larking Gowen Ipswich Half Marathon has been revealed.
The improved route has been designed based on feedback from the 2013 event and now includes a longer town section and an altered last mile.
A map of the route, supported by University Campus Suffolk (UCS), has also been designed, which organisers say is easier to follow.
The run is organised by Ipswich Jaffa running club with the borough council.
The club’s Carl Ashton, who will be race director, said: “We’ve taken on board feedback from last year to simplify the course with a more direct route to the finish at the mansion.
You may also want to watch:
“Adding a section in the town centre gives more opportunity for us to show off the town and we are hoping that this will lead to more spectators coming out to support the runners.”
Faye Gaffer, events and conferencing manager at UCS, said: “We are delighted to support this event and specifically the new route designed to showcase Ipswich at its best.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
“UCS is committed to bringing people together at community events and supporting a healthy lifestyle.”
There is still time to sign up for the event on September 21 but entries are filling up fast.
Visit www.ipswichhalfmarathon.co.uk to enter or for more information.