Ipswich’s Snakes and Ladders play centre to close down in December
An Ipswich children’s play centre will close its doors for one final time at the start of next month.
The Snakes and Ladders centre on Cavendish Street released the news on their Facebook page last week.
The statement added that December 3 would be the final day of trading for the venue.
The message also explained that the centre’s reason for shutting down would be due to its’ lack of viability.
Snakes and Ladders opened in 2008 and included soft play areas, interactive science exhibits and even a children’s hair salon.
The salon, called Snips at Snakes, featured colorful character seats - such as Thomas the Tank Engine and a plane - to help children to feel comfortable whilst having their haircut.
Snakes and Ladders also boasted monthly science weekends where youngsters were encouraged to take part in themed science experiments put on by staff at the play centre.
- 1 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 2 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 5 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 6 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 7 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 10 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
Past weekend science themes included halloween, bonfire night and a special Roald Dahl event.
Snakes and Ladders will put on one final themed event on the weekend of its closure.
The company’s statement also said that customers would still be able book children’s party’s up until the closing date.
Those with events booked after this date are currently being contacted by the centre so refunds can be arranged.
Snakes and Ladders also stressed the need for customers with existing gift vouchers or complimentary passes to use these before December 3.
In closing the centre thanked its customers for their support, asking them to return one last time for a final farewell.
It also praised its staff for their hard work over the past nine years.
“We are proud of the outstanding job they have done in always putting our customers first, keeping the centre clean, safe and running smoothly.”
Parents reacted on social media with shock and surprise at the centre’s statement and plans.
Many to choosing to share their own memories of playing with their children at the centre.
Snakes and Ladders also own three other play centres nationwide in Abingdon in Oxfordshire, Brentford in West London and Dunstable in Bedfordshire.
None of these centres have as yet been marked for closure.