Ipswich: Salesman celebrates his 50th year at hardware and DIY firm
- Credit: Archant
BOSSES at a hardware and DIY company have recognised the efforts of an Ipswich salesman who has been with the organisation since he was a teenager.
Allen Evans, of St Catherine’s Court, was presented with a luxury watch to celebrate his 50th year at Decco Ipswich – he started work there when he was just 15-years-old.
The grandfather-of-two started out as a warehouse assistant and became a sales representative in 2002, travelling across Suffolk and parts of Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Essex as well.
He said: “I have always been happy in my job.
“Where I am now, I have got a good collection of customers that I go and visit, hence why I am carrying on at the moment.
“There have been lots of changes since I started here but generally it has been very good, I’m more than happy.”
Mr Evans, who has been married for 40 years, provides support and advice to customers in his new role with the company.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 10 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
Chris Clements, Decco Ipswich branch manager, said: “Allen is a fantastic asset to the business and has a great relationship with his customers.
“We were delighted to recognise his loyalty and commitment.’’