Ipswich: Shoplifters are caught red-handed on CCTV
IPSWICH: Several shoplifters have been caught stealing goods on CCTV cameras in stores around the town.
A man was seen taking four cans of Stella Artois lager from Sainsbury’s in Upper Brook Street on June 1.
The theft took place at approximately 10.30am and the culprit is described as being white and in his mid to late 30s. He is 5ft 7inches tall, bald and was wearing a dark coloured hooded top and blue jeans at the time of incident. He was also carrying a red rucksack.
Another man was seen entering the conference room at Belstead Brook Hotel and stealing three wallets from the venue between 1pm and 1.25pm on May 19.
After he took them and left the Belstead Road hotel, the cash cards were used to withdraw money from the banks.
A man was spotted leaving the Reynolds Road Spar with a bottle of cider he had not paid for on April 26.
The theft, which happened at approximately 8.45pm, was carried out by a white male who is of medium height and build with short brown hair. He was wearing a dark-coloured jacket and police believe he is around 30.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 3 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 8 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 9 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 10 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
Earlier that month, a man was seen leaving the Hines Road branch of Aldi on April 6 with five bottles of Glen Orrin whisky. The crime was carried out by a white man in his late 20s at 7.30pm.
He is approximately 5ft 8inches tall with short dark hair and at the time of the incident was unshaven and wearing a black jacket and trousers.
Suffolk police would like to speak to the men who committed these crimes and anyone who may have any information about them.
Officers can be contacted by getting in touch with the Crime Investigation Bureau on 01473 613500.
Alternatively, information can always be reported to Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555111.