Ipswich: Shoplifters are caught red-handed on CCTV
IPSWICH: Several shoplifters have been caught stealing goods on CCTV cameras in stores around the town.
A man was seen taking four cans of Stella Artois lager from Sainsbury’s in Upper Brook Street on June 1.
The theft took place at approximately 10.30am and the culprit is described as being white and in his mid to late 30s. He is 5ft 7inches tall, bald and was wearing a dark coloured hooded top and blue jeans at the time of incident. He was also carrying a red rucksack.
Another man was seen entering the conference room at Belstead Brook Hotel and stealing three wallets from the venue between 1pm and 1.25pm on May 19.
After he took them and left the Belstead Road hotel, the cash cards were used to withdraw money from the banks.
A man was spotted leaving the Reynolds Road Spar with a bottle of cider he had not paid for on April 26.
The theft, which happened at approximately 8.45pm, was carried out by a white male who is of medium height and build with short brown hair. He was wearing a dark-coloured jacket and police believe he is around 30.
- 1 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 4 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 5 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 6 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 7 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 8 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 9 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 10 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
Earlier that month, a man was seen leaving the Hines Road branch of Aldi on April 6 with five bottles of Glen Orrin whisky. The crime was carried out by a white man in his late 20s at 7.30pm.
He is approximately 5ft 8inches tall with short dark hair and at the time of the incident was unshaven and wearing a black jacket and trousers.
Suffolk police would like to speak to the men who committed these crimes and anyone who may have any information about them.
Officers can be contacted by getting in touch with the Crime Investigation Bureau on 01473 613500.
Alternatively, information can always be reported to Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555111.