Ipswich: Ski instructor denies sex encounter with schoolgirl
- Credit: Archant
A former instructor at the Ipswich Ski Slope had a sexual encounter with a schoolgirl in his car after arranging to meet her after a lesson, it has been alleged.
James Trowern sent the teenager suggestive text messages, including one in which he made a reference to her breasts and she had been flattered by the attention, Ipswich Crown Court was told.
On the day of the alleged incident Trowern had allegedly sent the girl a text message asking: “Where’s my goodbye kiss?” and she had responded “Where are you?”, said Joanne Eley, prosecuting.
Trowern allegedly told her to meet him in the car park at the ski slope and he had been waiting for her in a shady area, claimed Miss Eley.
The girl sat in the passenger seat of his car while he sat in the driver’s seat and they had allegedly kissed.
Miss Eley claimed that Trowern got the girl to perform sex acts on him after which she got out of the car and returned to the ski slope where she told a friend what had allegedly happened.
Some time later the girl told her mother about what Trowern had allegedly done but at that time her parents decided not to report the matter to the police.
- 1 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 2 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 7 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 10 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
However in July 2011 the alleged victim had seen Trowern in a restaurant and decided she needed to contact the police.
Trowern, 27, of Basingstoke, has denied sexual activity with a child and inciting a child to engage in sexual activity between October 2006 and February 2007.
The trial continues today.