Ipswich: St Mark’s Catholic Primary School is once again the best performing primary school in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
St Mark’s Catholic Primary School in Ipswich retained its title of the best performing primary school in Suffolk, with 100% of 30 pupils achieving at least Level 4 in reading, writing and mathematics.
Headteacher Theresa Barker praised the efforts of teachers and staff and said there was “no ceiling” to the expectations placed on students/
“We are very pleased to have been acknowledged as a high performing school,” she said.
“For all schools with challenging groups of pupils such an achievement is creditworthy and a tribute to pupils and staff.
“We are absolutely focused on providing the highest quality learning throughout the curriculum and assess our pupils vigorously to ensure that each individual reaches his or her potential.
“Our expectations have no ceiling and our success provides younger pupils with challenges and goals to reach towards.”
Meanwhile, other headteachers in the region were also celebrating last night after four schools in Suffolk and Essex were ranked in the top 200 schools in the country following today’s released results.
Based on the average score per pupil, Millfields Primary School in Colchester was the joint ninth-best.
- 1 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 2 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 3 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 4 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 5 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 6 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 7 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 8 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 9 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 10 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School in Ipswich and Hamilton Primary School Colchester were both joint 15th, while Perryfields Junior School in Chelmsford was joint 16th.