Ipswich: Star carol service to spread Christmas cheer
IPSWICH: You’ve started your shopping and begun planning the big day but now it’s time to shake your jingle bells.
The Evening Star 125 Carol Service is back to spread Christmas cheer - only this year we are on the move and we’re taking the choirs with us.
Last year’s night to remember was held in St Margaret’s Church and saw performances from schoolchildren from Sprites Primary School.
Set to take place on Monday, December 20, at St Mary-le-Tower Church, this year’s yuletide event will bring a festive feel to the town.
With the evening set to be bigger then ever, it will be the perfect opportunity to celebrate The Evening Star’s landmark 125th birthday.
You may also want to watch:
The double celebration will be marked with a night full of congregational carols and a range of performances by local choirs.
The Evening Star’s editor, Nigel Pickover, said: “The carol service is such a great event because it really brings the Christmas spirit to Ipswich.
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
“Tickets always sell out quickly so I urge people to get in there quick.”
Festive fun will also see up to 100 Christmas trees displayed at St Mary-Le-Tower church, based in the heart of the town.
The Christmas display will take place between December 2 and 7.
Tickets to the Evening Star 125 Carol Service cost �2 and are available from The Evening Star offices in Lower Brook Street.
Proceeds go towards the Evening Star’s Christmas Appeal, which will benefit guide dogs.
Alternatively, a cheque - payable to Archant Regional Limited – can be sent to Jo Reeder, The Evening Star Christmas Carol Service, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.
n Have you enjoyed the start of Ipswich’s Christmas celebrations? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com