Ipswich: Star named regional daily newspaper of the year
TODAY your Ipswich Star has been named regional daily newspaper of the year.
The paper received the accolade at the EDF Energy East of England Media Awards ceremony at Bocking in Essex.
Star designer John Elsey took home the Front Page of the Year for a story about Michael Chopra’s gambling addiction.
Meanwhile Sarah Lucy Brown was highly commended in the News Photography of the Year award, and designer Le-anne Reeves, who works for both the Star and the EADT, won Designer of the Year.
Star editor Nigel Pickover said: “Everyone at The Star is thrilled and delighted - it is a great honour for our readers and advertisers too.
“The judges praised our power-packed package and highlighted our constant campaigning on behalf of readers.
“We were delighted to win front page of the year too – a Michael Chopra/ITFC exclusive - and design manager Le-Anne Reeves, who works for both the EADT and Star was named Designer of the Year.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 3 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 4 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 5 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 6 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 7 Revealed: The wealthiest people in East Anglia on the Sunday Times Rich List
- 8 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 9 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 10 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
“We couldn’t be happier.”