Ipswich: Star named regional daily newspaper of the year
TODAY your Ipswich Star has been named regional daily newspaper of the year.
The paper received the accolade at the EDF Energy East of England Media Awards ceremony at Bocking in Essex.
Star designer John Elsey took home the Front Page of the Year for a story about Michael Chopra’s gambling addiction.
Meanwhile Sarah Lucy Brown was highly commended in the News Photography of the Year award, and designer Le-anne Reeves, who works for both the Star and the EADT, won Designer of the Year.
Star editor Nigel Pickover said: “Everyone at The Star is thrilled and delighted - it is a great honour for our readers and advertisers too.
You may also want to watch:
“The judges praised our power-packed package and highlighted our constant campaigning on behalf of readers.
“We were delighted to win front page of the year too – a Michael Chopra/ITFC exclusive - and design manager Le-Anne Reeves, who works for both the EADT and Star was named Designer of the Year.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
“We couldn’t be happier.”