Ipswich: Teenager sexually assaulted as she walked home
IPSWICH: A teenage girl was sexually assaulted as she walked home along an Ipswich street.
The 15-year-old was walking along Norwich Road when she was approached by a man at the pedestrian crossing near Meredith Road, between 9.30pm and 9.50pm on Tuesday.
The man walked with her for a while, telling her he was Turkish as well as asking her inappropriate questions.
He then touched her inappropriately, as they approached Westbourne Alley.
The man carried on pestering the girl, cornering her in the doorway of the bookmaker near to the Suffolk Punch pub.
You may also want to watch:
A young white man on a mountain bike stopped to help the victim and waited with her until her friend arrived.
Police officers are keen to speak to this man as he may hold vital information that could assist with this investigation.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 Four men released following death of man at Felixstowe lorry park
The suspect is described as white, about 40, about 6ft, of large build, with black but greying hair and stubble on his face.
He was wearing a faded, well-worn yellow puffy coat, a white knitted jumper with red on it and dark coloured trousers.
Anyone with information should call Dc Laura Hicks at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.