Ipswich: The Voice contestant Jade Peters prepares for Corn Exchange gig on Saturday night
She entertained millions of viewers on BBC One’s The Voice.
But today Ipswich singer Jade Peters is preparing for one of her biggest challenges to date – her very own concert.
The 22-year-old will be performing a mix of covers and her own songs, described as soulful rock, at the Corn Exchange this Saturday.
“It is so exciting, I can’t wait for it,” she said. “I have never put on a big concert before.
“I have had help from friends but a lot of it I have done myself.
“I am so pleased with everybody that has helped me out because I wouldn’t have been able to do it without them.”
Jade, who will release her EP in February, said she is looking forward to trying out her new songs and finding out what her fans think of them.
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 3 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 4 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 5 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 6 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 9 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
But a big part of the show will also be raising funds to help the Brooke’s Wish to Walk appeal, in aid of Brooke Lawrance, who suffers from cerebral palsy.
Jade has taken part in events for the Ipswich youngster in the past and at the concert, which begins at 7.30pm, there will be a bucket collection for Brooke and proceeds from programme sales will also go to the cause.