Ipswich: Three in court on kidnap charge
Three in court on kidnap charge
IPSWICH: Three men are to appear in crown court next week after being charged with kidnap, robbery and theft following an alleged incident in the town.
Steven Francis, 35, Pandelys Ermidys, 38, and Arturas Suchodolskis, 26, made their first appearances on the accusations at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court.
The trio were arrested after police were called to Burrell Road early on Tuesday morning.
Officer received a call to an address at around 3am.
Francis, Ermidys, and Suchodolskis were subsequently detained a short distance away.
They were taken to Suffolk Constabulary’s police investigation centre in Martlesham, where they were questioned during the day.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 4 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 6 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 7 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 8 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
- 9 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 10 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
The men were charged early yesterday before being remanded in custody to await their appearance before Ipswich magistrates.
Each of the defendants is accused of kidnap on September 18 in Ipswich by unlawfully, or by force, or fraud, taking away their alleged victim against his will contrary to common law.
They also face an allegation of robbery. This is said to involve cash and car keys.
The third charge relates to the alleged theft of a motor vehicle, a VW car.
The robbery and theft allegations are also said to have occurred on September 18.
Yesterday magistrates committed the men’s cases to Ipswich Crown Court.
Francis, of Ludford Road, Birmingham, Ermidys, of Ivanhoe Street, Dudley, West Midlands, and Suchodolskis, formerly of Ipswich, were remanded in custody at the end of their hearing.
They are now scheduled to appear in court on September 27.