Ipswich: Town legend Paul Mariner coming back for UEFA 30 celebration
IPSWICH: Town legend Paul Mariner is travelling thousands of miles to meet his fans later this month.
The super striker is heading to the 30th anniversary celebrations of the club’s UEFA Cup triumph at the Corn Exchange on May 30.
Paul is currently in Canada where he helps with the player development at Toronto FC.
He said: “At the time of playing you didn’t really know what a fantastic group of players and incredible team spirit we had. It was a joy to play and it was special to be involved.
“Football has now taken me all over the world – and everybody talks to me about and remembers Sir Bobby Robson and the Ipswich side from that era. Even though I am in Toronto now I am flying back for this very special evening.”
You may also want to watch:
There are just 150 tickets left on sale for UEFA 30 and they are available at the Ipswich Regent or online at www.ipswichregent.com priced at �30 each.
The event is being put together jointly by Ipswich Council, The Evening Star and the football club. Before the show the players are enjoying a gala dinner in their honour. Places for this are still priced at �100 + vat in pairs or as a party of ten. Call Austen Dack on 01353 658216 (or email firstname.lastname@example.org )
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 5 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 6 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk