Ipswich trampoline coach says there’s a need for more facilities in the town
- Credit: Su Anderson
Thrill seekers across Ipswich are today gearing up for some gravity-defying fun after it was announced a new trampoline park is coming to the town.
One trampoline coach in the town said there is a need for the centre, which will be based at the former Gym and Trim at Cardinal Park – although he admitted he was disappointed that he was unable to open up his own park after a year of trying.
Lee Stannard has coached at Ipswich Four Trampoline Club for seven years and he said the club currently had a waiting list of more than 100 people.
For the past year the 43-year-old has been drawing up plans and approaching organisations to get funding to develop his own trampoline park in the town and with the profits create a trampoline centre for coaching and competitions.
“We are struggling for facilities,” Mr Stannard said. “We are having to turn kids away left, right and centre and we just can’t get the time at the sports centres.
“We hold classes pretty much all over the town but it’s just lack of coaches and lack of time available, that was the main reason behind trying to get my own centre.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Stannard approached Flux Freestyle to ask if they would be willing to work with him when the facility opens.
A spokesman for the start-up company said it was open to sponsorship of the club and in lending the facilities when not in use, but a partnership would not be an option.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 7 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out