Ipswich Transport Museum to reopen after lockdown
- Credit: VICTORIA PERTUSA
Ipswich Transport Museum is preparing to open for the first time in 2021 at the end of next week.
It will open its doors on Sunday, May 23, from 11am to 4pm and be open every Sunday from then on.
During school holidays it will also be open on weekdays from 1pm to 4pm and is open on the Saturdays of bank holiday weekends.
The museum was able to open for a few weekends last autumn with social distancing, but has not been able to open this year due to the lockdown restrictions.
The museum will be operating a two-metre social distancing rule - but visitors will be able to get on to some of the exhibits to really find out what they are like.
You may also want to watch:
The children's play area will be open as will the Sunshine Tearoom with full table service.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store