Take your chance to find out about the proposed Upper Orwell Crossings on Ipswich Waterfront
- Credit: Archant
People have the chance to see and ask questions about the planned routes of the Upper Orwell Crossings in Ipswich at a special event at Dance East on the Waterfront today.
Officials and senior councillors will be at the foyer of Dance East between noon and 7pm. The routes proposed for the new crossings will displayed – and there will be a chance for the public to give their views on the planned route.
The designs of the two new bridges will not be decided until June – but Foster + Partners won the design competition for the new crossings in a competition last year.
We will be at Dance East from 1pm talking to officials about the proposed route. If you have any specific questions you want to ask, please e-mail email@example.com by 12.30pm and he will raise some issues with experts at the exhibition.
The largest new bridge, about 600 metres long, would have approaches from the Rapier Street roundabout between Hawes Street and Wherstead Road on the west and a new roundabout on Holywells Road near the Cliff Lane junction to the west of the River Orwell.
You may also want to watch:
The second new bridge would go across the New Cut from the Felaw Maltings on to the Island Site – which is due to become a new technology area for the town – although it is not yet decided whether this would be fixed or a swing or bascule bridge.
The third crossing is a reconstruction of an existing footpath and cycleway over the Wet Dock lock gates to make it open to the public giving an easy route from the University of Suffolk to a new technology park on the Island Site.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 5 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 9 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea