Ipswich: Vote for your best nightspot in the town
IPSWICH: Pub and club goers in Ipswich can today vote for the best venue in the town’s Best Bar None scheme.
The People’s Choice Award for bars, pubs and clubs is now open to the public, launched by the Ipswich Star and the Ipswich Best Bar None scheme.
The award gives customers the chance to say which licensed premises provides a safe, secure and welcoming environment.
More than 1,600 people cast their votes in last year’s People’s Choice Award, sponsored by the Star, which was won by Bowmans.
Caroline Elias-Stephenson, Ipswich Best Bar None officer, said: “One of our coined phrases is ‘Raising the Bar for Ipswich’ to make the town a great and safe night out.
“The message about Ipswich being a safe night out has been a very hard message to get across but we want people to recognise Best Bar None accredited venues because they are the best to go to for an enjoyable, trouble-free night out in Ipswich.
“The scheme is about raising the standards.”
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 6 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
- 9 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 10 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
There are a total of 30 establishments to choose from and the winner of the People’s Choice Award will be the venue which receives the highest number of votes in a first-past-the-post system.
But the scheme’s annual awards have a total of nine categories accredited venues can get their hands on – the winners of which have already been decided by the Best Bar None judging panel.
The awards will be handed out at a ceremony in the Grand Hall at The Corn Exchange in Ipswich on February 16.
Entry forms should be sent to Caroline Elias-Stephenson, Ipswich Borough Council, Ipswich Best Bar None, Grafton House, 5th Floor West, 15-17 Russell Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2DE by February 10.
n What do you think of the town’s nightspots? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or alternatively you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To vote online go to www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/news/best-bar-none