Ipswich Waterfront Folk on a Boat concert series returns this Friday
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The first Folk on a Boat concert of 2018 is being held in Ipswich on Friday, with Suffolk singer/songwriter Holly Johnston performing.
The monthly concert series features a different folk gig aboard the sailing barge Victor on Ipswich Waterfront.
On Friday, the series of gigs returns with Holly performing songs from her highly-rated album East Anglian Girl from 8pm.
On February 16, Jackie Ord and Double Take will be performing, before popular folk duo Silbury Hill return to play songs from their three albums.
The winter series is now in its fourth year, and highlights some of the county’s top folk talent aboard the unique Victor venue.
You may also want to watch:
After the March concert the folk nights will return from November.
Tickets are £15 each, including a hot supper, and held in the barge’s heated saloon.
- 1 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 2 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
- 3 £40,000 of cash and large amount of cocaine seized in Ipswich
- 4 Covid rips through Suffolk care homes again with deaths up 50% in a week
- 5 Pensioner 'could not help himself' viewing indecent images of children
- 6 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 7 Police continue to investigate stabbing of teenager
- 8 Former Ipswich nightclub to become Network Rail base
- 9 Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
- 10 First doses administered at Ipswich's mass vaccination centre
Doors open from 7.30pm ahead of an 8pm start for music at each event.