Ipswich Waterfront Folk on a Boat concert series returns this Friday
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The first Folk on a Boat concert of 2018 is being held in Ipswich on Friday, with Suffolk singer/songwriter Holly Johnston performing.
The monthly concert series features a different folk gig aboard the sailing barge Victor on Ipswich Waterfront.
On Friday, the series of gigs returns with Holly performing songs from her highly-rated album East Anglian Girl from 8pm.
On February 16, Jackie Ord and Double Take will be performing, before popular folk duo Silbury Hill return to play songs from their three albums.
The winter series is now in its fourth year, and highlights some of the county’s top folk talent aboard the unique Victor venue.
You may also want to watch:
After the March concert the folk nights will return from November.
Tickets are £15 each, including a hot supper, and held in the barge’s heated saloon.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 10 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
Doors open from 7.30pm ahead of an 8pm start for music at each event.