Ipswich: Waterfront Food and Drink Festival 2014 will be bigger and better than last year’s show
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of Ipswich’s popular Food and Drink Festival are calling on local food and drink producers and growers to reserve a pitch for this year’s event.
Restaurant owners and chefs are also being invited to sign up for the extravaganza on the Waterfront which will include cooking demonstrations, a beer festival, children’s activities and live music.
Last year’s inaugural festival, organised by the Market Square Group, proved extremely popular.
Paul Kennedy, the group event co-ordinator, said: “The 2014 festival promises to be bigger and better than last year, showcasing the very best homemade, locally-sourced seasonal fayre from the local area alongside a tasty, exotic and colourful mix from across the globe.
“We have a fantastic line-up of shopping and tasting opportunities, activities and entertainment, designed to appeal to the whole family, and are keen to ensure local businesses have the chance to be part of this exciting experience.”
To throw in an added incentive, booking discounts are being made available for local traders offering home-made and locally-grown produce. Stalls are included for those selling groceries and crafts.
Carole Jones, economic development portfolio-holder at Ipswich Borough Council, said: “This is a big date in the Ipswich calendar and offers yet another reason for thousands of people to visit our Waterfront and also explore the town centre.
“There is so much to see and do and a huge range of produce on offer. I hope we see a great turnout.”
- 1 Man suffers fractured eye socket after attack outside Ipswich bus station
- 2 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 3 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 4 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 5 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 6 Ipswich climber's death was a 'tragic and unexpected accident'
- 7 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 9 'Last opportunity' - revised application for three homes in Ipswich
- 10 Plans to convert town centre office to five flats
The event is being held at Orwell Quay from May 16-18.
Contact Kirsty Marriott at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.