Cyclist and car collide in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist was taken home in an ambulance after colliding with a car on a road in Ipswich.
Police were called at 11.15am on Friday, March 1 to Westerfield Road, near the junction with valley road after reports of a collision.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said that the cyclist is believed to have suffered injuries to their leg and hip.
Suffolk police and the East of England ambulance service remain at the scene.
The road remained open.
You may also want to watch:
An East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust spokesperson said: “An ambulance attended an accident involving a car and a cyclist in Westerfield Road, Ipswich this morning. The cyclist sustained only minor grazing. She was taken home by the ambulance.”
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 3 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 8 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high