Ipswich: Who is your hospital hero? Nominations open for Ipswich Hospital staff awards
ipswich: They are the unsung hospital heroes who work tirelessly to care for thousands of patients.
And now it is your chance to say thank you.
The Ipswich Hospital Staff Awards have today been launched with Star readers able to nominate in the Patients’ Award category.
The awards, which are held every two years, are a chance for staff at the hospital to praise their peers, as well as offering patients and relatives a chance to highlight outstanding work.
It may be a life-saving surgeon, a caring nurse, a dedicated physiotherapist or helpful receptionists and support staff at the Heath Road trust.
Director of nursing and quality Siobhan Jordan said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for Star readers to highlight those people who have shown them true kindness, professional expertise and patient care. It is the only award nominated by our patients and in past years we have had a brilliant response.
“We hope that this year will be no exception.”
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
Colleagues across the hospital are today busy nominating each other in the remaining categories, including Volunteer of the Year, Team of the Year, Clinician of the Year, Support Colleague of the Year and the Award for Outstanding Contribution in memory of Cherry James, a colleague who passed away.
At the last awards in 2010, orthopaedic surgeon Tim Brammer was honoured with the Star Patients’ Award.
This year’s awards are sponsored by the East of England Co-operative Society, Pretty’s Solicitors, Netcall and Evolve Innovation.
To nominate, send a letter outlining why they deserve the award to Staff Awards 2012, Communications Team, Postbag, N057, Ipswich Hospital, Heath Road, Ipswich IP4 5PD or e-mail press.office @ipswichhospital.nhs.uk
n Tell us about your hospital heroes. Write to health reporter Lizzie Parry at Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org