Ipswich: Who is your hospital hero? Nominations open for Ipswich Hospital staff awards
ipswich: They are the unsung hospital heroes who work tirelessly to care for thousands of patients.
And now it is your chance to say thank you.
The Ipswich Hospital Staff Awards have today been launched with Star readers able to nominate in the Patients’ Award category.
The awards, which are held every two years, are a chance for staff at the hospital to praise their peers, as well as offering patients and relatives a chance to highlight outstanding work.
It may be a life-saving surgeon, a caring nurse, a dedicated physiotherapist or helpful receptionists and support staff at the Heath Road trust.
Director of nursing and quality Siobhan Jordan said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for Star readers to highlight those people who have shown them true kindness, professional expertise and patient care. It is the only award nominated by our patients and in past years we have had a brilliant response.
“We hope that this year will be no exception.”
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 4 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 7 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 8 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
Colleagues across the hospital are today busy nominating each other in the remaining categories, including Volunteer of the Year, Team of the Year, Clinician of the Year, Support Colleague of the Year and the Award for Outstanding Contribution in memory of Cherry James, a colleague who passed away.
At the last awards in 2010, orthopaedic surgeon Tim Brammer was honoured with the Star Patients’ Award.
This year’s awards are sponsored by the East of England Co-operative Society, Pretty’s Solicitors, Netcall and Evolve Innovation.
To nominate, send a letter outlining why they deserve the award to Staff Awards 2012, Communications Team, Postbag, N057, Ipswich Hospital, Heath Road, Ipswich IP4 5PD or e-mail press.office @ipswichhospital.nhs.uk
n Tell us about your hospital heroes. Write to health reporter Lizzie Parry at Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org