Days Gone By: Remembering It’s a Knockout-style fun days in the 1970s, 80s and 90s
Have you taken part in It’s a Knockout-style contests over the years?
Today we’re looking back at lighthearted sports and games, with a selection of photos from events held during the 1970s, 80s and 90s.
An event at Broomhill Pool in Ipswich in 1974 saw a large audience turning out to cheer on the contestants.
Castle Hill School put on its own themed day in 1985, as students and teachers alike dressed up to do different challenges out on the school’s fields.
READ MORE - Memories of school sports daysA couple of years later, Ipswich Hospital Radio held its own It’s a Knockout event.
And youngsters from Springfield Junior School in Ipswich took a trip to Felixstowe to take part in a fun event in 1991, which included everything from jumping through hoops to a classic egg-and-spoon race.
You may also want to watch:
Do these photos bring back memories? Email email@example.com To order photos, visit www.eadt.co.uk/myphotos24, or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Tributes paid to Ipswich's 'best-loved shopkeeper' Hajara 'Sid' Singh
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: See the faces of the criminals locked up this week
- 3 Suffolk and Essex on standby for snow
- 4 Kesgrave woman writes book on incredible journey from suicide attempt to ultra marathon
- 5 More than 1,700 Covid patients now discharged from hospitals
- 6 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 7 Firefighters issue warning after wood burner fire almost spreads across house
- 8 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 9 Ipswich Town supporters group post mock front page outside Portman Road, calling for Lambert to go
- 10 Ipswich Town 'disappointed' at newspaper stance - Evans stands by Lambert