A man with a sawn-off shotgun and two cannabis ‘gardeners’ were among those jailed in Suffolk this week
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer, two cannabis ‘gardeners’ and an Ipswich man found with a sawn-off shotgun were sentenced to a combination of nearly 11 years in prison this week.
Harwich drug dealer jailed for nearly four years
Daryl Warner, a Harwich man of no fixed address, has been jailed for 44 months after he was tracked down by officers following a trail of seizures. The offences date back to January when a van was discovered containing freezer bags of cannabis, cocaine and a set of scales.
More drugs were then found at an address and using forensics police were able to identify Warner.
Find out more details about the case here.
Man found with sawn-off shotgun in Ipswich is jailed
You may also want to watch:
Police were called on Friday, September 21 by a member of the public who believed someone at a house in Allenby Road was in possession of a firearm.
James Logan was stopped by officers as he tried to enter Allenby Road and when a house, where he had been staying, was searched a double-barrelled sawn-off shotgun was found in the garden.
Logan was jailed for 44 months - find out more details here.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 10 Decision expected on demolition of former Ipswich snooker hall
Illegal immigrants jailed after discovery of cannabis factory
Two illegal immigrants have each been jailed for 20 months following the discovery of a large cannabis factory.
Police raided an industrial unit in Redgrave, on Monday, March 25, after an electrician who was working in the area noticed the smell of cannabis.
Officers found more than 800 cannabis plants at the premises.
Eglant Selenica, 35, and 30-year-old Daniel Muhaj, both of Redgrave, admitted producing cannabis.
Read more here.