Jobs going at insurance company
A TOTAL of 20 jobs are set to go at the Ipswich offices of an insurance firm after a consultation exercise was completed, it emerged today.Hero, an insurance company with offices in Crown Street, is making efficiency savings due to changes in the industry that has seen more people buy online rather than face-to-face.
A TOTAL of 20 jobs are set to go at the Ipswich offices of an insurance firm after a consultation exercise was completed, it emerged today.
Hero, an insurance company with offices in Crown Street, is making efficiency savings due to changes in the industry that has seen more people buy online rather than face-to-face.
The firm, which was known as Direct Motorline until 2004, when it was bought by Highway Insurance, has announced 20 jobs will go following the end of a consultation on 32 jobs at the offices.
A spokesman for Highway Insurance said: “The company has confirmed in writing the redundancy package for approximately 20 people.
“All the people affected have been given the option of taking one of between six and eight customer service roles and interviews for those roles are currently taking place.”
Redundancies will take place among the sales team, effective from October 31 and the administration team, effective from December 31.
- 1 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 2 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 5 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 6 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 7 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 8 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
Hero will continue employ a customer services and financial team of around 45 people at the Ipswich offices.
Direct Motorline was one of three insurance brokers Highway bought to form a new insurance broker called Hero.
The firm employs 400 staff in total.
Is your job under threat? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com