Kesgrave Library celebrates record number of Summer Reading Challenge finishers
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of youngsters celebrated completing their Summer Reading Challenge at Kesgrave Library in a special presentation event.
On Sunday, 325 children received their certificates – the highest ever number at Kesgrave Library, while more than 1,500 enjoyed activities throughout the day.
Among the day’s fun were routines from magician Mr Bean and crafts centred around this year’s challenge theme of animal agents.
Additional book prizes were also awarded for the craft activities.
The Reading Agency-backed challenge aims to get youngsters reading six books or more throughout the school summer holidays to encourage continued reading.
You may also want to watch:
Manager of Kesgrave Library, Maggie Lusher, said: “This year’s reading challenge has been another big success.
“I would like to thank all my staff for their hard work and the many volunteers who give up their free time.”
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions