Kesgrave Photography Competition to become seasonal after success of first contest
- Credit: Archant
The winner of the inaugural Kesgrave Photography Competition has been announced – with the event set to turn into a seasonal project.
The competition was launched by 22-year-old Meghan Whincop in July to provide budding photographers in the town a forum in which to express their art.
The successful entry – based on the competition’s theme of sun, sea, sand and shade – was captured by Vicki Walsh.
Miss Whincop said: “It went well. People struggled with the theme slightly so going forward we will make it slightly less restrictive.
“But the general feedback has been really positive.”
Second went to Miss Whincop for her skyline at sunset, while Jordan Peck’s image of a smartphone camera at night came third.
Miss Whincop added: “We are looking to make it a seasonal thing every four months or so if we can.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 3 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 4 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 5 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 8 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 9 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 10 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
“There are lots of people now who are all very interested.
“It will bring together a group of people from different backgrounds and cultures who all share one common factor, a love of photography.”
The next competition has now begun on the theme of months of the year. For more details and to get involved visit the Kesgrave Photography Competition Facebook page.