Kesgrave Photography Competition to become seasonal after success of first contest
- Credit: Archant
The winner of the inaugural Kesgrave Photography Competition has been announced – with the event set to turn into a seasonal project.
The competition was launched by 22-year-old Meghan Whincop in July to provide budding photographers in the town a forum in which to express their art.
The successful entry – based on the competition’s theme of sun, sea, sand and shade – was captured by Vicki Walsh.
Miss Whincop said: “It went well. People struggled with the theme slightly so going forward we will make it slightly less restrictive.
“But the general feedback has been really positive.”
Second went to Miss Whincop for her skyline at sunset, while Jordan Peck’s image of a smartphone camera at night came third.
Miss Whincop added: “We are looking to make it a seasonal thing every four months or so if we can.
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 5 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 6 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 7 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 8 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 9 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 10 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
“There are lots of people now who are all very interested.
“It will bring together a group of people from different backgrounds and cultures who all share one common factor, a love of photography.”
The next competition has now begun on the theme of months of the year. For more details and to get involved visit the Kesgrave Photography Competition Facebook page.