Kidney disease awards on the way
CALLING all young Suffolk heroes!If you have had the bravery to cope with kidney disease either as a patient or carer then The National Kidney Research Fund is looking for you!Launched this week, The Royal Manchester Children's Hospital wants to acknowledge youngsters across the country who have had to deal with this difficult illness.
CALLING all young Suffolk heroes!
If you have had the bravery to cope with kidney disease, either as a patient or carer, then The National Kidney Research Fund is looking for you!
Launched this week, the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital wants to acknowledge youngsters across the country who have had to deal with this difficult illness.
The Young Hero awards run until the end of November and culminate in the National Final.
You may also want to watch:
Participants can enter in one of two categories, and the winner of each will receive £500 spending money as well as a further £1,500 to spend on a good cause of their choice.
Louise Cox, PR Manager for The National Kidney Research Fund said: "Every child who deals with kidney disease on a day to day basis is a young hero and through these awards we are able to recognise this."
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Hospital site at St Clement's in Ipswich transformed into homes
- 3 New axe-throwing bar with crazy golf and cocktails could be coming to Buttermarket
- 4 How developers hope to bring 'important' town centre building back to use
- 5 See the faces of the criminals who have been jailed in Suffolk this week
- 6 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 7 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 8 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 9 Church ripe for homes conversion is under offer
- 10 Fisons site owners seeking pre-application advice on fire-hit site
Jez Edwards, TV presenter for Xchange and Freestyle BBC is a long-time supporter of the awards. He said: "I think the scheme is a great idea. These young children show exceptional courage and bravery. This is a terrific way to commend their bravery."
For more information on the awards contact 01733 704650.