Kidney disease awards on the way
CALLING all young Suffolk heroes!If you have had the bravery to cope with kidney disease either as a patient or carer then The National Kidney Research Fund is looking for you!Launched this week, The Royal Manchester Children's Hospital wants to acknowledge youngsters across the country who have had to deal with this difficult illness.
CALLING all young Suffolk heroes!
If you have had the bravery to cope with kidney disease, either as a patient or carer, then The National Kidney Research Fund is looking for you!
Launched this week, the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital wants to acknowledge youngsters across the country who have had to deal with this difficult illness.
The Young Hero awards run until the end of November and culminate in the National Final.
You may also want to watch:
Participants can enter in one of two categories, and the winner of each will receive £500 spending money as well as a further £1,500 to spend on a good cause of their choice.
Louise Cox, PR Manager for The National Kidney Research Fund said: "Every child who deals with kidney disease on a day to day basis is a young hero and through these awards we are able to recognise this."
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 3 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 8 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 3 new eateries for you to try as Covid rules ease
Jez Edwards, TV presenter for Xchange and Freestyle BBC is a long-time supporter of the awards. He said: "I think the scheme is a great idea. These young children show exceptional courage and bravery. This is a terrific way to commend their bravery."
For more information on the awards contact 01733 704650.