Killer of Capel pensioner will be caught
SIX months after the murder of Capel pensioner Joan Albert the detective leading the hunt is confident her killer will be caught.Widower Joan Albert was found stabbed to death in the hall of her Boydlands home on December 16 last year.
SIX months after the murder of Capel pensioner Joan Albert the detective leading the hunt is confident her killer will be caught.
Widower Joan Albert was found stabbed to death in the hall of her Boydlands home on December 16 last year.
Since her death a team of 25 officers, headed by Detective Superintendent Roy Lambert, has received more than 500 calls from the public.
The team has also taken 1,150 statements from people in the Capel area on the night of Mrs Albert's murder.
You may also want to watch:
Det Supt Lambert said: "We remain determined to catch whoever is responsible for Joan's murder. Both myself and my team are confident this enquiry is moving in the right direction."
Police are still keen to trace the driver of a white pick-up truck seen in the Capel shopping precinct in the early hours of December 16.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 6 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 Anger as vandals destroy nursery garden
- 10 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
Anyone with information about the murder should contact the incident room on 01473 613777 or email it at firstname.lastname@example.org.