Killer of Capel pensioner will be caught
SIX months after the murder of Capel pensioner Joan Albert the detective leading the hunt is confident her killer will be caught.Widower Joan Albert was found stabbed to death in the hall of her Boydlands home on December 16 last year.
SIX months after the murder of Capel pensioner Joan Albert the detective leading the hunt is confident her killer will be caught.
Widower Joan Albert was found stabbed to death in the hall of her Boydlands home on December 16 last year.
Since her death a team of 25 officers, headed by Detective Superintendent Roy Lambert, has received more than 500 calls from the public.
The team has also taken 1,150 statements from people in the Capel area on the night of Mrs Albert's murder.
You may also want to watch:
Det Supt Lambert said: "We remain determined to catch whoever is responsible for Joan's murder. Both myself and my team are confident this enquiry is moving in the right direction."
Police are still keen to trace the driver of a white pick-up truck seen in the Capel shopping precinct in the early hours of December 16.
- 1 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 2 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 3 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 4 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 5 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 6 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 7 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 8 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Extra police patrols to be carried out in Ipswich following stabbing
Anyone with information about the murder should contact the incident room on 01473 613777 or email it at firstname.lastname@example.org.