Kindred Spirts photos bring back memories of the day the Bay City Rollers came to Ipswich
A previous edition of Kindred Spirits featured visits to Ipswich by the Bay City Rollers in 1975 and 1976 - and the photos promoted readers to write in with their memories.
Were you in the crowd for either of the gigs? I have a picture of my school friend Bev Pipe (left) and me getting ready to see the Bay City Rollers at the Gaumont in 1975. Bev’s brother had got a new motorcycle that day. When we got to the theatre everybody was screaming and shouting “We want the Rollers” It was a great and enjoyable night. When I saw Les McKewen my heart just melted. I was only sixteen at the time. Thank you for bringing back the 1970s. Sandra Ward, Franklin Road, Ipswich
I was at the concert and still have my ticket and programme. It was Sunday October 27, 1976, I went to the second performance at 8 p.m. The tickets cost £1.40. I was in the stalls. There was so much screaming through the concert you could not hear the group play.
William Martin, Field View, School Road, Sudbourne
My two daughters and I are in one of the photographs. We are in the foreground and two of us are wearing glasses. I liked the Bay City Rollers as much as my daughters.
My daughter says it was 1975 when we saw them. I was 39 and my daughters 12 and 14. I felt old then with youngsters in the audience, but never less I thoroughly enjoyed myself and many other groups who came to the Gaumont.
We went to see the Bay City Rollers at the O2 earlier this year with the Osmonds etc.
Thank you for suddenly making me feel old!
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 8 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 9 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 10 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
Mrs B Woods, Beechcroft Road, Ipswich