Knickers joke by Duke
THE DUKE of Edinburgh prompted a peal of laughter when he misread a Kicker's hat – and thought it proclaimed 'Knickers!'The Duke's remark made Brian Thurkettle and his partner Shirley Bradbrook chuckle for most of the afternoon.
THE DUKE of Edinburgh prompted a peal of laughter when he misread a Kicker's hat – and thought it proclaimed 'Knickers!'
The Duke's remark made Brian Thurkettle and his partner Shirley Bradbrook chuckle for most of the afternoon.
Spotting Mr Thurkettle's cap while wandering along the Ipswich Waterfront, the Duke of Edinburgh said he thought the label had read "Knickers" as opposed to the popular sports brand Kickers.
The joke was immediately followed by an outburst of laughter from the crowd and left Mr Thurkettle smiling for the rest of the day.
You may also want to watch:
"I was standing by the pub when he came up to me to have a look at my hat," said the 66-year-old, from Nacton village, near Ipswich.
"I was amazed when he made the joke and we wished afterwards we would have had a video camera.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 6 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
"Everyone around us had a good old laugh about it because he had a really big grin on his face. I was surprised that he came over, but even more surprised when he noticed my hat."