Knife-wielding muggers hunted
KNIFE-WIELDING muggers are being hunted today after a 25-year-old man was attacked in Bury St Edmunds.The victim was attacked and robbed as he walked along Springfield Road shortly before 11.
KNIFE-WIELDING muggers are being hunted today after a 25-year-old man was attacked in Bury St Edmunds.
The victim was attacked and robbed as he walked along Springfield Road shortly before 11.50am yesterday.
He was approached by three white youths, all teenagers, who asked him for a light for a cigarette. One of the youths then punched him in the side of the head. The victim lashed out at his attackers and thinks that one of them may have a bruise to his cheek or eye as a result.
One of the youths then pulled out what the victim believes to be a Stanley knife. As the victim jumped back out of the way the knife caught him on the forehead causing a small cut.
At this point the victim suffered a further blow to the head and fell unconscious. When he came to, he found that a sum of money had been taken from his wallet.
The victim then made his way to a telephone box where he contacted police.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 6 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 7 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
The victim was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital where he received treatment for concussion.
Police are appealing for anyone who saw anything unusual in Springfield Road or the Parkway area to contact them as a matter of urgency on 01284 774100.