Knife-wielding robber confronts woman
A KNIFE-wielding robber who held up a woman cyclist at a set of traffic lights ran off empty-handed after she activated her attack alarm.Police today appealed for witnesses to come forward who may have seen the robber running away from the scene or recognise his description.
A KNIFE-wielding robber who held up a woman cyclist at a set of traffic lights ran off empty-handed after she activated her attack alarm.
Police today appealed for witnesses to come forward who may have seen the robber running away from the scene or recognise his description.
The woman was cycling to work along High Road West in Felixstowe at 7.30am on Saturday when the incident happened.
She pulled up at the traffic lights at the Garrison Lane junction as the lights turned red.
The 31-year-old then realised there was a man standing next to her.
He pulled at her bag and asked her to hand it over. When she refused, he reached in to his pocket and pulled out a knife - at which she grabbed her attack alarm, which was round her neck, setting off the ear-piercing warning sound.
- 1 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 2 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 6 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 7 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 8 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 9 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 10 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
The robber fled empty-handed in to Garrison Lane.
A police spokeswoman said the cyclist had been unhurt and had reported the incident to police about 30 minutes later.
The offender is described as black, aged around 30, about 5ft 9in tall, of medium build, with a bald head. He was wearing a denim jacket and dark blue tracksuit-style trousers.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have been in area around 7.30am, regardless of whether they think they saw or heard anything or not.
They are particularly keen to trace the driver of a small white car that drove past and stopped at the lights. The driver is thought to be a man in his 70s or 80s with white hair.
Anyone with information should telephone Felixstowe police on 01473 613500.