Koral gives mum a helping hand
WHEN he is old enough to have children of his own, Ipswich youngster Koral McGrath will know exactly what to do.According to his mum Lynda, six-year-old Koral stayed entirely calm when she went into labour in the early hours of the morning.
WHEN he is old enough to have children of his own, Ipswich youngster Koral McGrath boy will know exactly what to do.
According to his mum Lynda, young six-year-old Koral stayed entirely calm when she went into labour in the early hours of the morning.
Miss McGrath, 23, of Cowslip Close, Ipswich, managed to call an ambulance when she woke up with contractions at 3am, but by the time the ambulance arrived, the baby was close to being born and paramedics decided there was no time for anything but a home delivery.
She said: "Koral woke up when the paramedics arrived, and he held my hand throughout. He was ever so calm. He was saying 'push mum'. I don't know how he knew what to say."
The little boy stayed with his mum throughout the entire delivery, telling her when he saw the baby emerging and encouraging her by telling her how well she was doing.
When the paramedics asked for a towel to wrap the newly-born little boy, who weighed in at a healthy 7lb 8oz, Koral went and fetched one.
- 1 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 2 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 7 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 8 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
Miss McGrath said: "The paramedics said he was brilliant. We're all really proud of him."
Mum and baby spent a night in hospital before returning home last weekend. Both are doing well, and Koral's little brother has been named Remerez Kia.