Lambs attract the crowds to open day
NEWBORN lambs and hungry goats were among the animals on show to visitors at a farm over the weekend.This year's Lambing Fair at Foxburrow Farm, in Melton, offered families the chance to see meadows full of Speckled Faced Beulahs and Hebridean ewes grazing with their young lambs.
NEWBORN lambs and hungry goats were among the animals on show to visitors at a farm over the weekend.
This year's Lambing Fair at Foxburrow Farm, in Melton, offered families the chance to see meadows full of Speckled Faced Beulahs and Hebridean ewes grazing with their young lambs.
Pygmy goats could also be spotted after they arrived in June to help the sheep flock chomp their way through the invading vegetation on the Suffolk Sandlings – a vital job regenerating the habitat.
In the barn there were newborn lambs to see up close as well as orphan lambs, which were bottle fed by the shepherd.
You may also want to watch:
The yard was full of attractions with children being offered the chance to spin a thread and make bookmarks, masks and finger puppets using real lambs' wool.
There were also demonstrations of spinning and weaving as well as a range of stalls selling local wares including prints of nearby scenes, pottery, woodcraft and dairy products.
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 3 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 4 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
Pond dipping was happening at the raised pond and visitors could also enjoy the farm trail walk to see the range of habitats and learn about farming and conservation.