Last CCTV images of violent fugitive John Gladstone released after he failed to return to Ipswich mental health unit
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images have today been issued of a violent criminal with mental health issues who went on the run after being given ‘town leave’ while being treated in Ipswich.
John Gladstone is on a life licence following his original convictions at Northampton Crown Court in 2002 for robbery and possession of a firearm. He is currently being hunted by police.
It can now be revealed that the 34-year-old was subsequently convicted again at the same court on July 23, 2013. over a raft of offences.
On that occasion Gladstone pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence, theft of a motor vehicle, possession of an imitation firearm, and having a firearm with intent to resist arrest.
The offences were committed on February 23, 2013
You may also want to watch:
Gladstone was sentenced to a term of four-and-a-half-years’ imprisonment.
He has links to the Suffolk Coastal area, South Norfolk, Northamptonshire and the West Midlands.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
Suffolk Constabulary has said Gladstone had been allowed ‘town leave’ from his treatment unit in Foxhall Road, leaving the premises at 7.30am on Tuesday.
He had conditions to return to the unit by 3.30pm the same day, but failed to comply with them.
Gladstone is described as being of mixed race, 5ft 10in tall, of heavy build, and with short black hair.
He was wearing black Karimoor trousers, a grey hooded top and he speaks with a London accent.
Police are warning people not to approach Gladstone, but to get in touch with them.
Anyone who believes they may have seen Gladstone, or who has any information regarding his whereabouts, is asked to contact Suffolk Constabulary on 101.