Laura takes on Mongolia for charity
A SUFFOLK woman is gearing up to embark on a mammoth 160km, ten-day trek across Mongolia on horseback.Laura Coltart, of Church Road, Stowupland is taking up the challenge in a bid to raise more than £2,000 for EACH (the East Anglian Children's Hospice).
A SUFFOLK woman is gearing up to embark on a mammoth 160km, ten-day trek across Mongolia on horseback.
Laura Coltart, of Church Road, Stowupland is taking up the challenge in a bid to raise more than £2,000 for EACH (the East Anglian Children's Hospice).
The 23-year-old will be travelling across deserts, through rivers and across mountains, camping out along the way as part of the holiday.
Beginning at the country's capital Ulaanbaatar, the trips goal is to reach the Khenty Mountain Range, with rides of up to 30km a day.
You may also want to watch:
Seven other riders will be taking up the task, which starts on May 31 and two native people will guide the trip, with a van on hand to deal with emergencies and carry food supplies for the journey.
Miss Coltart found out about the opportunity on the internet. She said she was looking for something that was not a normal holiday, which involved horses, and which was a challenge.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
The ride is one of many similar opportunities offered by the company “Charity Challenges”, and Miss Coltart is hoping to raise a total of £2,650 EACH.
Miss Coltart said: “I've never been camping before, and it's a very long distance ride which I know won't be very comfortable, but I'm really looking forward to the challenge.”
Those wishing to sponsor Miss Coltart should send donations to EACH at 42 The High Street, Cambridge, CB24 6DF.
Or visit www.justgiving.com